ddcifd stability problems?

Mon Aug 16 20:12:23 UTC 2004

> From: Kelsey Cummings

> Vernon- anything I can provide you with to help track this down?
>
> I got one other confirmation of problems off-list.

I need a core file or some other symptom other than "dccifd
disappeared." Not to put too fine a point on it, there are many
things that can make a process disappear besides bugs in the program
itself, including hardware problems and "bad hands."

There is a core-dump in dccm that I've fixed for 1.2.51.  Maybe it's
related to dccifd.
I'm waiting to release 1.2.51 until I've cooked the
greylist-whitelist-IP-address stuff a little more.

In the last 3 months, I've also seen two instances where my malloc()
debugging code has thrown up, but without enough information to figure
out what happened.