confusion over headers and spam marking

Fri Aug 6 16:11:18 UTC 2004

> From: Kiira Triea

> | > DCCM_LOG_AT=5
> | > DCCM_REJECT_AT=
> |
> | Yes, bulk mail that is not whitelisted will X-DCC headers containing
> | the string "bulk".   See the section "X-DCC Headers" in `man dcc`.
>
> I have hundreds of messages with X-DCC headers but none marked
> bulk. It seems like I would have some.

What is your local definition of "bulk"?  As I should have noticed
before, judging from that DCCM_REJECT_AT=, nothing is bulk at your
site.  You need to set DCCM_REJECT_AT to something, and probably
do as the preceding lines in /var/dcc/dcc_conf say and add -aIGNORE
to DCCM_ARGS until you are sure that you have whitelisted all
legitimate sources of bulk mail.