Integration with SA 2.63

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Wed Aug 4 15:42:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 11:29 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:24:57AM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > > From: Asif Iqbal
> >
> > > I need some help/direction to setup a local dcc server. I never used dcc
> > > before and would like to give it a shot.
> > >
> > > I currently am using SA 2.63 + ClamAV with qmail-scanner. I am looking
> > > for a way to integrate the DCC part with SA 2.63 (or may be
> > > qmail-scanner) so that all my 100k+ mails per day get scanned by DCC
> > > without adding much CPU load to my mail server
> >

> > If "SA 2.63" is SpamAssassin, then you probably will not notice any
> > change in the load on your system by installing and turning on dccifd.
> >
> > Do you mean "dcc client" instead of "dcc server"?   A DCC server
>
> Is there a way I can have my own local dcc server? I was thinking of
> rsync with the public dcc servers and then use may be rbldnsd to lookup
> against the local copy. Not sure if I make sense.
>
> Is there any doc contributed in that area?

based on Vernon's last response it looks like you are just at the
threshhold (100k+) of it being worthwhile to run your own dcc server. If
you refer to my previous response I mentioned the basics for setting up
your own dcc server and setting up peering ("floods" in dcc parlance,
"rsync" in yours) and having your clients communicate with that. The
manpages also cover this rather extensively. Either way, Vernon
coordinates the peerings such that the dcc server network is least prone
to breaking.