Integration with SA 2.63

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Wed Aug 4 14:29:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 09:56 -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need some help/direction to setup a local dcc server. I never used dcc
> before and would like to give it a shot.
>
> I currently am using SA 2.63 + ClamAV with qmail-scanner. I am looking
> for a way to integrate the DCC part with SA 2.63 (or may be
> qmail-scanner) so that all my 100k+ mails per day get scanned by DCC
> without adding much CPU load to my mail server
>
> Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated

For use in SA, simply add the following to your local.cf file:
use_dcc 1
dcc_home /var/dcc
dcc_body_max nn
dcc_fuz1_max nn
dcc_fuz2_max nn

where "nn" is a threshold number suitable for your domain (read the dcc
man pages for help on those numbers). Also, since you are using SA or
qmail-scanner, use the dccifd portion of dcc as the client. Install dcc,
enable dccifd in the dcc_conf file and let it go.

On the server end of things, if you are going to run the server on a
separate machine (which is not a bad idea due to memory contraints and
what not), install dcc and enable the server in dcc_conf. You will need
to get with Vernon for establishing peerings so that your dcc server can
share data with the dcc network. You will want to edit your ids file to
add a specific id and password for your client machines. Back on the
client machines you would go into /var/dcc. I generally remove the map
file that is there and then run cdcc. At the cdcc prompt type "new map".
Then "add your.dccserver.name RTT -1000 clientid clientpasswd". The
clientid and clientpasswd should match what you added to the ids file on
the dcc server. At that point you can type "info" at the cdcc prompt and
you should see your server listed along with other connect information.
For failover, you could add one of the anonymous dcc server pools to
your mapping. The point of the RTT is to highly prioritize use of your
local dcc server. In the event that it would fail, then your dccifd
client would resort to using the anonymous access to the public servers.

Sven