DCC on FreeBSD

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Fri Jul 23 19:37:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 14:28 -0400, Daniel V Klein wrote:
> Sven-
>
> No joy, even though I deinstalled the package and then installed from
> downloaded source.  Good call on "make mailer.conf", and the .m4 files
> are in their proper place, as is SENDMAIL_CF_DIR in /etc/make.conf (which
> is where I believe it should be done, instead of locally).
>
> But I still get no DCC messages, log, or header modifications.  Here is some
> relevant information:
>
> % ps axw | egrep dcc
> 32177  ??  Ss     0:00.01 /var/dcc/libexec/dccm -A -SHELO -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID -l log -t CMN,1,20 -w whiteclnt -U userdir

assuming you used the standard feature(`DCC') ... what does the output
from "grep Xdcc /etc/mail/sendmail.cf" provide? (in /etc/mail, after
modifying freebsd.mc, one has to remove the file: [yourhostname].mc then
run make && make install-cf )

Also, based on that output, does the socket exist? (/var/run/dcc/dccm).

If you tcpdump port 6277 and send a test message to the box, do you see
any traffic? (i.e. firewall check) and is it bi-directional ?

Sven