DCC failure in maillog

Fri Jul 23 14:47:03 UTC 2004

> From: "Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR"

> I am getting a very high number of temporary rejects in my sendmail log file with 'DCC failure'.
>
> Jul 23 12:18:33 mucs025321 sm-mta[1040]: i6NAICTI001040: Milter: data, reject=45
> 1 4.7.1 DCC failure
>
> I am using DCC 1.2.50, greylisting is enabled.
> >From reading the man pages I would guess this happens when dccm
> is not able to contact a dccd server.

> Any idea why this is happening?

Is this the same system on which you installed the patch described in
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2004/002280.html  ?

If so, the purpose of that patch was to figure out something to
say to sendmail at the end oa message has been rejected by at least
one receipient but there is no specific reason to give sendmail.

When I made the patch, I had a theory how that might reasonably
happen, but I can no longer see it.

Could you send me (not the mailing list) the /var/dcc/log file
for one of these failures with the patch installed?

Do you still have the core file and matching /var/dcc/libexec/dccm from
before you installed the patch?  If so and they are not too large,
I might be able to figure out something from them.