DCC on FreeBSD

Fri Jul 23 14:11:12 UTC 2004

> From: Daniel V Klein

> I have been running DCC on BSDi for a while, and am converting to FreeBSD.
> I am currently have FreeBSD-4.10 installed, and also installed the packages
> for mail/sendmail-sasl and mail/dcc-dccd.

> Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Has anyone installed from just the
> packages?  Clearly I can try to install DCC manually, but it seems better to
> use the package interface...

To use the FreeBSD package it would seem best to ask whomever is
responsible for it.  That last time someone asked me about a FreeBSD
package, I searched for and found one.  It seemed to come from people
I had never heard of.  It had several aspects that seemed wrong to me.
I have no idea whether whatever you are referring to is the same.