turning off dccifd logging

Wed Jul 21 16:52:12 UTC 2004

> From: "Matthew Whitaker"

Please do not send HTML to this mailing list.

> I just configured dccifd for our company's gateway spam server.  It is
> running beautifully but it is tying up the disk with all the logging
> that it does, so I would like to turn logging off for dccifd, but can't
> find any good documentation on it.  What is the easiest way to turn off
> all logging for dccifd other than errors?

Which logging do you mean?

Serious error messages are sent to the system log as controlled by -L.

Messages are logged in the dccifd -l logdir and -U userdirs directories.
If /var/dcc/logdir and /var/dcc/userdirs do not exist, those files
are not created.
The cron job in /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd deletes old message log files.