FW: continue not asking DCC 8 seconds

jim@carroll.com jim@carroll.com
Mon Jul 19 13:11:08 UTC 2004

Whoops, I forgot to mention.

The version of DCCD we are running is 1.2.39

---
Jim C.          | Carroll-Net, Inc.
201-488-4092    |
www.carroll.com | Application Service Provider

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Carroll [mailto:jim@carroll.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 9:09 AM
To: 'dcc@rhyolite.com'
Subject: continue not asking DCC 8 seconds

We have DCCD and DCCM running on the same system.  We are receiving a
large number of these messages in our log files:

	continue not asking DCC 8 seconds

In the past 40-minutes, we have over 100 instances of these messages.
There do not appear to be any wait periods larger than 8-seconds in the
logs.

Over the same period of time these messages were seen in the log file,
we processed 5,000 email messages.

We are running FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE.  The machine is a 2.4 GHz Pentium
class machine, with 2 GB of RAM and 100Mb LAN.  The Hard drive is 7,200
RPM IDE.

The typical load reported on this machine from 'uptime' is:

	0.51, 0.51, 0.26

I suspect the message is suggesting we're running out of horsepower
somewhere, but I'm at a loss to determine where.  Any help, pointers, or

---