dccproc -R / -a usage question

Sat Jun 26 14:31:20 UTC 2004

> From: "Tod D. Ihde"

> 	by warmerbythelake.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 742D2AACBB
> 	for <toon@warmerbythelake.com>; Sat, 26 Jun 2004 04:16:48 -0500 (CDT)

> However, when I add either the -R switch (as the 1st Received: line _is_
> from my local SMTP agent), or the -a 24.158.21.10 (the IP of my server),
> dccproc stops adding the header to all email it processes. I also tried
> adding -d to see some debugging output in syslog, but none was produced.
> Running the same command as an unprivlidged user from the command line,
> and piping an email to it also gives the email sans X-DCC header.

Mail that is whitelist by the `dccproc -w whiteclnt` file is not
reported to the DCC server and so cannot have an X-DCC header.

`dccproc -R` should be finding 127.0.0.1 from the first Received: line
and checking.  If it finds in in a `dccproc -w whiteclnt` file, there
should be no X-DCC line.

If 24.158.21.13 is not in your whiteclnt file (perhaps in a CIDR block),
I do not know why there is no X-DCC header file with -a 24.158.21.10

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to run `dccproc -El logdir`
to see what is being whitelisted.  The start of the log file will
say what IP address is being checked, and the end will say in which
whitelist, if any, it is found.