embargo time in greylist rejection message

Juergen Georgi georgi@belwue.de
Fri Jun 25 08:25:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

recently I saw the following SMTP greylist rejection message:

451 4.3.0 We will accept the mail in 1 minutes and 0 seconds.

I is possible to show the leftover embargo time within the
dccm rejection message? Currently only the sendmail queue ID
and the client IP is available with "-r rejection-msg".

IMHO the standard dccm rejection message - "452 4.2.1 mail
abc12335 from aa.bb.cc.dd temporary greylist embargoed" -
is too technical and has a somewhat negative sound. I received
many inquiries from customers who were confused by this
message. The above style is more "positive", and comprehensible
even for someone not familiar with greylisting.

Regards,

-Juergen Georgi