env_From: <> reject

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 09:42:08 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004  7:09 pm, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > That is not a good idea:
> >
> > http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/policy-dsn.php
> >
> > > Is there a way to mark env_From: <> (empty from) as "many" in the
> > > whiteclnt?
>
> Which is not the good idea, blocking mail non-delivery messages or
> supporting the rfc-ignorant.org silliness?

Both really ;-)  (It was the easiest reference to hand to bring the issue to
Val's attention, in the event not in fact necessary).  I don't employ the
rfc-ignorant hooks on my server but I have to confess to feeling that the
idea is very good in principle, even if the implementation is a bit lacking...

> I don't think much of either one.  However, if you insist, doesn't
>      many  env_from <>
> work?
>

> Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

John Sutton