dccifd 1.2.49 dying, any help?

John R Levine johnl@iecc.com
Sat Jun 12 20:58:54 UTC 2004

>> It seems odd to trust your mail to my C programs
>> but not trust my Bourne shell scripts to start those programs.

It's not just trust, it's management style.

I run almost all of my daemons from Dan Bernstein's supervise package.
It lets me put them all in one place, start them and stop them, and handle
the logs in a consistent way.  The dcc and dccifd services work fine that
way, using the -b flag since supervise is already in the background, but
it's different from what your scripts do.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor