dccifd 1.2.49 dying, any help?

Henrik Edlund henrik@edlund.org
Sat Jun 12 16:58:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> Does SpamAssassin start dccifd or use the Perl interface to dccifd? I
> would not have guessed that SpamAssassin would start the long running
> daemon but only look for it.  If SpamAssassin does start dccifd, then a
> change to make it start with -wwhiteclnt would do the trick. If
> SpamAssassin does start dccifd, then it sounds like a bug in
> SpamAssassin if dccifd is not started with -wwhiteclnt.

I start dccifd myself and SA only connects to its socket via Perl.
Alternatively it can spawn a dccproc for each mail, but that is a resource
hog. You just tell SA in its config where to find the dccifd socket.

What does -wwhitelist do? Turn on use of whitelisting?

I'll just start dccifd with "-wwhitelist" then until 1.2.50 comes. This is
how I started dccifd myself (manually and in /etc/rc.d/rc.local) until
now:

   /bin/su - dcc -c "/usr/local/sw/dcc/libexec/dccifd"