dccifd 1.2.49 dying, any help?

Sat Jun 12 16:17:44 UTC 2004

> From: Henrik Edlund

> > That is a bug in the "option" lines in whiteclnt files added in 1.2.48
> > triggered by a missing whiteclnt file.  A work-around is to create an
> > empty whiteclnt file.

> But I have a bunch of white-files including a whiteclnt file:
> # ls -lG /usr/local/sw/dcc/white*
> -rw-r--r--    1 dcc          3096 Jun 12 17:42 /usr/local/sw/dcc/whiteclnt
> -rw-r--r--    1 dcc         12124 Jun 12 17:42 /usr/local/sw/dcc/whitecommon
> -rw-r--r--    1 dcc           482 Jun 12 17:42 /usr/local/sw/dcc/whitelist

That there are no .dccw files shows that those files are not mentioned
with -w, not where -w says they are, or otherwise not writable by the
dccm, dccproc, or dccifd process.

They must be writable on many flavors of UNIX so that the process
can lock them.
A hash table of a .dccw file is generated from the ASCII whitelist.
The crash in fact results when what should be a pointer to the
mmap()'ed hash table is null.

If there is a path or permission problem, then there should be complaints
in the system log.  If dccifd or dccm is not being started by the
start-dccifd or start-dccm scripts in the DCC source, then perhaps
they are not running with -w whiteclnt.