dccifd 1.2.49 dying, any help?

Sat Jun 12 02:50:50 UTC 2004

> From: Henrik Edlund <henrik@edlund.org>

> I upgraded from 1.2.36 to 1.2.49 and now dccifd segfaults when a client
> (SpamAssassin) connects to its socket and communicates. (SA reports
> "DCCifd -> check skipped: Illegal seek Died at [...]")
>
> Here is a full "strace -f":

As usual, strace says practically nothing and with far too many bits.

What might be useful is to get a stack trace.  That can be done with:

  - rebuild dccifd with -g and restart it

     /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc -e DBGFLAGS=-g

  - get stack trace from core file with

     gdb /var/dcc/libexec/dccifd /var/dcc/core
        bt

  - optionally figure out what pointer is bad or other thing that
      caused the SIGSEGV