dccifd.core at first unix-soket-connection ?

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Fri Jun 11 23:17:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 17:01 -0500, John Doherty wrote:
> At 1:35 PM -0500 6/11/04, Florian Meister wrote:
>
> > I have a big problem with dccifd. Because of performance problems,
> > I have upgraded my dcc-package to the newest available package at the
> > freebsd-ports-system (2.48)
>
> I'm not sure what that is, exactly: on my FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, and
> 4.9 machines, DCC isn't even in the ports collection. I know it
> was at one time, because that's where I first ran across it. It
> wouldn't be surprising if whatever you're using is out of date
> by quite a while.
>
> But building and updating DCC on FreeBSD is a breeze, even without
> a port. Maybe you should get the current tarball and start with
> that.

... and since the newer versions of DCC contain an update script which
fetches the latest tarball, extracts and installs based on your settings
from the initial install (and even creates a new conf file labeled as
such) it is trivial to maintain on a FreeBSD system.

./configure --disable-server --disable-dccm
make && make install

That's really about it

Sven