dccifd.core at first unix-soket-connection ?

Fri Jun 11 21:49:04 UTC 2004

> From: "Florian Meister"
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:35:54 +0200

> I have a big problem with dccifd. Because of performance problems, I =
> have upgraded my dcc-package to the newest available package at the =
> freebsd-ports-system (2.48)=20

That was probably a mistake.  That least time I glanced at the FreeBSD
ports edition of the DCC code, I found things that were mysterious and
surprising.

> I have saved my ids, map.txt, dcc_conf and flod files, deinstalled dcc =
> and reinstalled it. I copied the configuration-files back in my =
> dcc-directory (/usr/local/dcc -> symbolic link to /data/dcc), set the =
> owner and group of all files to dcc and tried to run libexec/rcDCC. I =
> have done a ps axf |grep -I dcc and saw that there were 2 =
> dccifd-daemons, the start-dccifd-script, the dccd and the rcDCC script. =
> Somehow the rcDCC script hangs. Don't know why or how ?? So i killed all =
> dcc-prcocesses, and did ./start-dccd and start-dccifd. Wow->worked. I =
> tested dcc with a single spamassassin query in debug mode: failed read =
> status, the dccifd-prcocess is killed somehow, and a core file is =
> written, nothing in the dccifd-log with -dd (debug switches)

Perhaps it would be effective to contact whomever is responsible for
the software you installed.

> xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
> xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =
> xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
>
> <head>

It would be nice if you could turn off the Microsoft XML stuff when
sending mail to this mailing list.