high load

Florian Meister Florian.Meister@medienhaus.at
Fri Jun 11 15:32:42 UTC 2004

Hi!

I'm running a DCC and a spamassassin Server for a mail-traffic of 300.000 - 500.000 a day.

The Server I'm using is a intel-box with a double-processor (xeon 2,8GHz) and 2GB of RAM.

The Problem is, the I'm getting a very high load(11 - 13), when spamassassin is using DCC. The dccifd-process needs more than 40% of the whole processor load.

When spamassassin is using DCC, it takes around 20!! Seconds to scan a mail. Without DCC it takes max. 2 seconds.

Should I set up a new server for the dcc-service or do I have another problem ?

Thx, florian

Florian Meister

Systembetreuer für 1036hallo

Vorarlberger Medienhaus