Controlling the size of the log

Paul Vixie paul@vix.com
Wed Jun 9 17:16:12 UTC 2004

> I'm quite new to DCC but we manage to get it work as expected.  As we
> are running now since a couple of days, I noticed that the
> /var/dcc/log is growing quite fast (around 100MB/day).

that's not fast.  a gigabyte an hour is fast.  100Mbyte/hour is quite low.
given that serious logfile-quality disk capacity costs less than $0.90/Gig
you should provision it in bulk.  treat logfile disk capacity the way you
treat printer paper or printer toner -- just keep buying it and using it up.