dccifd 1.2.49 seg fault

Sat Jun 5 03:29:49 UTC 2004

> From: Randy Dickinson

> I'm trying to use dccifd with Spamassassin 2.63 connecting to our local dcc
> server, and at Spamassassin startup we get this message:
>
> DCCifd -> check skipped: Illegal seek Died
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 632.
>
> dccifd dumps core at that point and running gdb on the core file shows:
>
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x0804ed3b in rcpt_st_alloc ()
> #1  0x0804c923 in do_rcpts ()
> #2  0x0804d64d in job_start ()
> #3  0xb77b5dac in start_thread () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
> #4  0xb7754a8a in clone () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
>
> We are running RedHat AS 3.0 update 1 with glibc 2.3.2-95.6.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

What version of dccifd are you using?

Is there anything useful in the thread starting at
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2004/001833.html

What happens if you run
    /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc -e DBGFLAGS=-g
and then see what gdb has to say?

(If you are running an old enoug version, you may need to edit updatedcc
to use make instead of gmake.)