sendmail SPAMHATER checking?

Billy Ray Miller Miller_Billy_Ray@cat.com
Thu May 20 13:36:37 UTC 2004

>                                      I've no idea how to check the access
db
> after dccm tells sendmail that spam mail is found (at xxfi_eom ?).

This may be possible through LDAP, depending on how you are set up.

In sendmail, you can configure your access database to be in a LDAP
directory (see the documentation for FEATURE (`access_db', `LDAP') for more
information).  I dont know how hard it is to do an LDAP query inside of a C
program such as a sendmail milter (in perl, you can just use the Net::LDAP
module), but if you can do this you can make an extra ldap call from your
milter to your access_db inside of LDAP and get the information you are
looking for.  I've never done this before, but in theory its possible.

This is just one way to do it....Im sure that there are other (perhaps
easier) ways to get at this information as well.

Billy Miller
Internet E-Mail
Caterpillar, Inc