Is there a client-side grey whitelist?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Thu May 13 00:21:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:25:54PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills
>
> > Is there any way to whitelist these e-mail servers for greylisting
> > only on the client side, which is `dccm' in my case?
>
> There is nothing in the whiteclnt files to say "whitelist for greylisting
> but not for normal DCC operations."  Because of how the whole pile
> works, there would be difficulties in making something of the sort work.

That's what I suspected.

> Since greylist databases are very small, why not run `dbclean -G -i server-ID`
> whenever the grey_whitelist file is changed?

Mostly because I wasn't sure of the correct arguments, and didn't want
to break anything.  I preferred to let `cron-dccd' figure them out.
However, I just tried the command you suggested.  It look about 44 seconds,
with 4856277 checksums, on a Sun V240 with 2 gigs of memory.  That's
not too bad.