userdirs problem

Spike Ilacqua spike@indra.com
Tue May 11 18:01:53 UTC 2004

> I haven't tested it but I  presume that if there is more than 1 env_To
 > line then a log will be written to each userdir that exists;

Yes, that is what will happen.

> Is this correct?  I want to check because providing that behaviour 2 is as
> expected (rather than a bug or an oversight which the quote from the manpage
> rather implies?), then it looks sensible to write a cron job to scan the main

Yes, it's correct, if the user log directory does not exist, then
logging is only done at the system level.  I use this feature to allow
users to control whether message are logged or not (a lot of people
prefer an "out of sight, out of mind" approach to spam).

->Spike