Simple Questions: "many" and locally-added header lines

Thu May 6 01:57:52 UTC 2004

> From: (Jim Seymour)

> I'm playing with storing certain bits of spam in a database.  I thought
> DCC's "Body," "Fuz1," and "Fuz2" values might be interesting.  Ideally,
> these would be stored as ints, but what to do with "many?"  What integer
> value (and above) results in "many?"  (I would *swear* I saw this
> addressed somewhere, but I'll be dammed if I can find it now.)

include/dcc_proto.h contains the special values including "many"
and implicitly defines the limits.
srvr/db.h shows how the values are stored in the DCC server database.

Note that all of those values are subject to change, given a rolling
of protocol or database version numbers.

> The other question, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to.  Will DCC be
> affected if it's passed email that has, say, a bogofilter "spamicity"
> header, such as this

> added to it before being passed to dccproc?  If I read the FAQ
> correctly, the answer is "no."  Just making sure.

The DCC body checksums do not care about RFC 822 headers.
An X-Bogosity header will be ignored unless you use something like
`dccm -S X-Bogosity`.