greylist embargo not ending

Mon May 3 22:43:21 UTC 2004

> From: "Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR"

Please avoid MIME except when strictly necessary.  Please "just say
no" to HTML mail unless it is required.  I cannot imagine a case where
an extra HTML encrypted copy of a message to this mailing list would
be justified.  http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2004/002108.html
shows why.

> Here is a diff of two of the msg files from /var/dcc/log.  Both log =
> files contain the complete message, nothing was discarded.  This clearly =
> shows that the messages are the same.  Anyway, I thought that =
> greylisting would only compute checksums of the (IP,sender,recipient) =
> triple. =20

Yes, the greylist checksum involves only the (IP address,sender,recipient).

That the checksum counts from the normal DCC server at dcc1.x-mailer.co.uk
are 1 and 2 for the two instances shows that the greylist server
did not recognize the greylist triple.

Do you have more than one greylist server?  If so, are they "flooding"
each other?

If you have a single greylist server, was its database deleted
and restarted between the first and second?

Are there any relevant messages in the system log?

Are you using dccifd, dccm, or dccproc?

Which version of the DCC client code are you using?  Which version of
the DCC server code are you using for the greylist server?