Problems with Iptable firewall and DCC

Robert Hart hartr@interweft.com.au
Thu Apr 22 01:29:44 UTC 2004

Hi

I am having problems with getting DCC working on my RH Linux 8 server.
After a successful install, doing
	cdcc info
results in no servers found.

Looking in /var/log/messages I can see outgoing attempts...

DST=212.95.66.24 LEN=68 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=22348 DF PROTO=UDP
SPT=39243 DPT=6277 LEN=48

I have my firewall set to a default policy of drop
	iptables -P INPUT DROP
	iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
	iptables -P FORWARD DROP

and have inserted the following to allow DCC access

iptables -A OUTPUT -s $SIP -p udp --sport $UPRV --dport $DCC -j ACCEPT
-o $INET
iptables -A INPUT  -d $SIP -p udp --sport $DCC --dport $UPRV -j ACCEPT
-i $INET

Where the variables are defined in the script as
   SIP=139.130.246.51
   UPRV=1024:65535
   DCC=6277
   INET=ppp0

Obviously, I have something wrong, but have stared at this until my
brain is knotted and still can't see it - can someone untwist my brain
for me?

Tks

--
Robert Hart					 hartr@interweft.com.au