question about greylisting and SMTP AUTH relaying

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 15:43:43 UTC 2004

See libexec/hackmc.  You need to run hackmc -T to build your cf file so
you'll end up with a block something like this:

SLocal_check_mail
# mail from an SMTP client with a verified TLS cert is not spam for dccm
R$*         $: <$&{verify}> $1
R<OK> $*        $: $(macro {dcc_notspam} $@ STARTTLS verified $) <> $1
R<$*> $*        $: <$&{auth_type}> $2
# mail authenticated with SMTP AUTH for relaying is also not spam for dccm
R<$={TrustAuthMech}> $* $: $(macro {dcc_notspam} $@ authenticated $) <> $2
R<$*> $*        $: $2

On Tuesday 20 April 2004  3:36 pm, Craig Constantine wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> scenario: DCC 1.2.39 client with the sendmail milter interface. Sendmail
> 8.12. I'm running in a Linux (2.4 kernel) environment. DCC is filtering my
> inbound email fine. I'm thinking about starting to use greylisting. But, I
> have a large number of mail user agents that relay mail after SMTP AUTH.
>
> I read about the sendmail macros for dcc_isspam and dcc_notspam. But I
> don't understand what exactly I have to do to my sendmail config to make
> sendmail set/mark (what's the terminology?) a message as dcc_notspam when
> the client has been successfully authenticated via SMTP AUTH...
>
> My sendmail.mc has simply:
> -------snip---------
> FEATURE(`dcc')dnl
> -------snip---------
>
> My sendmail.cf has the resulting:
> -------snip---------
> # Input mail filters
> O InputMailFilters=dcc
>
> # Milter options
> #O Milter.LogLevel
> O Milter.macros.connect=j, _, {daemon_name}, {if_name}, {if_addr},
> {dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}
> O Milter.macros.helo={tls_version}, {cipher}, {cipher_bits},
> {cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}
> O Milter.macros.envfrom=i, {auth_type}, {auth_authen}, {auth_ssf},
> {auth_author}, {mail_mailer}, {mail_host}, {mail_addr}, {dcc_isspam},
> {dcc_notspam}, {dcc_mail_host}
> O Milter.macros.envrcpt={rcpt_mailer}, {rcpt_host}, {rcpt_addr},
> {dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}
>
> Can someone swing the cluebat at me, or point me to a FAQ I missed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Craig

John Sutton
SCL Internet