question about greylisting and SMTP AUTH relaying

Craig Constantine craig@blkbx.com
Tue Apr 20 14:36:06 UTC 2004

Hi All,

scenario: DCC 1.2.39 client with the sendmail milter interface. Sendmail
8.12. I'm running in a Linux (2.4 kernel) environment. DCC is filtering my
inbound email fine. I'm thinking about starting to use greylisting. But, I
have a large number of mail user agents that relay mail after SMTP AUTH.

I read about the sendmail macros for dcc_isspam and dcc_notspam. But I
don't understand what exactly I have to do to my sendmail config to make
sendmail set/mark (what's the terminology?) a message as dcc_notspam when
the client has been successfully authenticated via SMTP AUTH...

My sendmail.mc has simply:
-------snip---------
FEATURE(`dcc')dnl
-------snip---------

My sendmail.cf has the resulting:
-------snip---------
# Input mail filters
O InputMailFilters=dcc

# Milter options
#O Milter.LogLevel
O Milter.macros.connect=j, _, {daemon_name}, {if_name}, {if_addr},
{dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}
O Milter.macros.helo={tls_version}, {cipher}, {cipher_bits},
{cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}
O Milter.macros.envfrom=i, {auth_type}, {auth_authen}, {auth_ssf},
{auth_author}, {mail_mailer}, {mail_host}, {mail_addr}, {dcc_isspam},
{dcc_notspam}, {dcc_mail_host}
O Milter.macros.envrcpt={rcpt_mailer}, {rcpt_host}, {rcpt_addr},
{dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}

Can someone swing the cluebat at me, or point me to a FAQ I missed?

Thanks in advance,
-Craig