Enable greylisting on a per-user basis

Mon Apr 5 14:14:03 UTC 2004

> From: "Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR" <lbolmerg@munichre.com>

> is it possible to enable greylisting on a per user basis?  Before
> enabling greylisting for everybody I wanted to test it only for a few
> user accounts.
>
> I tried the following:
> 1. greylist server is up and running
> 2. option greylist-off  in /var/dcc/whiteclnt
> 3. started dccm with option -Gon -w whiteclnt
>
> From the sendmail log file I see all incoming messages being embargoed.
> I would have expected that nothing would be embargoed at all.

I have tested this before.
Just now I tried:

  - adding "option greylist-off" to /var/dcc/whiteclnt
  - waiting until dccm noticed the flat file had been changed and update
     the .dccw file
  - sending a message from an outside system to an obscure mailbox
  - seeing the message go through immediately
  - removing "option greylist-off" from /var/dcc/whiteclnt
  - waiting until dccm noticed the flat file had been changed and update
     the .dccw file
  - sending a second message from an outside system to another obscure mailbox
  - seeing the second message get greylisted.

Are you sure there was no typographical error in your "option greylist-off"?