weird wrapping of Fuz2?

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah@DAL.NET
Wed Mar 24 19:08:45 UTC 2004

>>>>> "darkmark" == Mark Atkinson <darkmark@filament.org> writes:

    darkmark> I vaugely recall this on the list before, but I can't
    darkmark> seem to find it.  Lately my Fuz2 checksum has been
    darkmark> wrapping like so:

    darkmark> X-DCC-servers-Metrics: hellfire.filament.org 1049;
    darkmark> Body=1 Fuz1=1 Fuz2=1

    darkmark> 9

    darkmark> where Fuz2=19..

I saw this in your mail as the X-DCC-servers-Metrics header, then a
blank line, then the digit.

Is the X-DCC-servers-Metrics header normally the bottom header in
your messages?

I've been seeing a fair amount of 'broken message spam' in the
past few days, where for whatever reason the first line (before a set
of falsified Received: headers, etc.) is a number. Something like
this:

   1
   From: Greg Dupree <RPOPOHIVXNPLHJ@telesp.net.br>

where the above content is actually in the body of the message, not the
headers. So I wonder if it's not DCC that's broken, but messages like
this that you're seeing.

-dalvenjah