AW: no free hash table

Tue Mar 23 13:46:34 UTC 2004

> From: "Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR"

> Steve,  I am not running dccd.  I am using the public dcc servers.
> The message appeared at about 9:20 CEST and the whole thing ended
> at about 9:38 CEST.

> > Mar 23 09:34:17 netserv dccm[15338]: DCC dcc3.dcc-servers.net: ERROR  no
> > free ha sh table entry; 44697600 of 44697600 used
> >
> > Is there anything wrong with the dcc server?  Does the message indicate
> > the dccm cannot do its job?

It sounds as if the database of one of the public DCC servers overflowed.

The messages should have stopped much sooner than 18 minutes as the client
code switched to a different server, unless there is a firewall or
other filter that makes only one of the public DCC servers available.

What does `cdcc info` say on your system?