dbclean vs flood shutdown

Bernard Gardner bernard.gardner@messagecare.com
Thu Mar 18 05:32:29 UTC 2004

Last night I started a job running to load some checksums into a DCC
server
which I wanted to check before allowing them to flood into the rest of
our
network (this is on a private DCC network). I sent the sever a flood
shutdown,
started the job running and went to bed. When I woke up this morning I
found
that the server had run a dbclean during the night and once the dbclean
was
finished the server restarted its floods.

This wasn't what I was expecting. Does dbclean reduce the count of
reasons
not to flood by 1, or reset it to 0?

Bernard.