about spamassassin and dcc (freebsd 4.9 stable)

Michael Ghens michael@spconnect.com
Fri Mar 12 17:11:14 UTC 2004

It has to do with the dcc scores. SpamAssassin has default dcc counts that
must be reached before  it will consider adding SpamAssassin points.

By defaults are:

$self->{dcc_body_max} = 999999;
$self->{dcc_fuz1_max} = 999999;
$self->{dcc_fuz2_max} = 999999;

If the the count is above 999999, then 2.907 points will be added to the
spamassassin score.

DCC_CHECK 0 1.806 0 2.907

My personal preference since I use both dcc and SpamAssassin is to have
dccifd not report counts (bulk reports are through dccm/milter) and set
SpamAssassin dcc counts down to 50.

--
Michael Ghens
michael@spconnect.com