about spamassassin and dcc (freebsd 4.9 stable)

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Fri Mar 12 17:18:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:28, Andrea Riela wrote:
> Thanks Sven :)
>
> > man dccm or dccifd
>
> ok, I'll see
>
> > (make sure spamassassin is using dccifd
> > and not dccproc as the former is much more efficient)
>
> ehmm ... what I've to do to see if I use dccifd instead of dccproc?

If you installed from ports (and you have a reasonably fresh ports
collection) spamassassin will use dccifd if it can find the socket
(typically /var/dcc/dccifd)

You could ps -ax | grep dccifd to see if is running and, if so,
spamassassin should be using it. You could also perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf and search for dccifd. That section will
confirm whether your version of SpamAssassin recognizes dccifd.

Sven