about spamassassin and dcc (freebsd 4.9 stable)

Sven Willenberger sven@dmv.com
Fri Mar 12 16:00:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 10:39, Andrea Riela wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've installed spamassassin and dcc from port.
> well, in my local.cf I've added 'use_dcc 1', but I don't really undestand
> 'dcc_body_max' 'dcc_fuz1_max' and 'dcc_fuz2_max'. what's the best
> configuration?
>
> thanks for your help
> Regards
> Andrea

man dccm or dccifd (make sure spamassassin is using dccifd and not
dccproc as the former is much more efficient) and read the section on
the "-t" argument. Essentially those three *_max values refer to the
common (CMN) checksums and the values you set them to really depends on
the volume of email you/your group receives.

The documentation does give some guidelines as the values those should
be set at; you may want to experiment a little.

Sven