proposal: greylisting and multiple-IP clients

Iain Morgan imorgan@nas.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 11 18:42:18 UTC 2004

On Thu Mar 11 09:05:22 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> I guess greylist clients could ask about a modified (address-prime,from,to)
> triple, with the modified address-prime computed by masking the
> true address with 255.255.255.0.
>
> I'd still need a way to tell dccm and dccifd to do that.
> If `dccm -G` took an arg, then `dccm -G mask0.0.0.0` would completely
> ignore the IP address and `dccm -G mask255.255.255.0` would lump /24s.
>
> Is all of this worth including the 4.4BSD getopt.c in the DCC clients?

Perhaps just havving an option such as '-G mask' (similar to '-G weak')
would be sufficient. There may not be much need for including a larger
netmask.

--
Iain Morgan
NAS Desktop Support Group