DCC version 1.2.34

Wed Mar 10 20:58:33 UTC 2004

> From: Carl Stehle

> DCC 1.2.35 (dcclib, cdcc, and dccproc) compiles on Windows
> using MSVC with only these changes:
> (and of course a new project file and/or makefile)

What is wrong with the win32.mak files?
The Borland FreeCommandLineTools.exe `make` has a Microsoft compatibility
mode, but my guess from the Borland documentation was that it is not
needed for those simple makefiles.

> Also, dcclib/ck.c and dccproc/dccproc.c do not use
> dcc_defs.h but call strncasecmp (strnicmp on MSVC).

If that were true, then I would not have been able to compile those
files with the Borland tools.
In fact they include dcc_ck.h which includes dcc_clnt.h which includes
dcc_defs.h.

> 2. dcclib/get_port.c (dcc_get_host_ipv4)
> Changed:
>  struct hostent * WSAAPI (fnc)(const char *))
>  struct hostent * (WSAAPI fnc)(const char *))
>
> Not sure what 'WSAAPI' was intended for but as it is null by
> default, I thought perhaps it was for this purpose.

Are you sure that declaration needs __stdcall?

I threw the WSAAPI because you mentioned problems nearby,
the WINSOCK 2 documentation seems to use WSAAPI as a particle
for resolving idiosyncratic linking hassles,
and the Borland copy of winsock2.c says

    WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE
    struct hostent FAR *
    WSAAPI
    gethostbyname(
	const char FAR * name
	);

How is gethostbyname() declared in the Microsoft SDK?