dccd 1.2.34 compile error

Wed Mar 10 16:11:01 UTC 2004

> From: Thamer Alharbash

> No idea. Older versions of the Linux kernel didn't have poll()
> AFAIK. You're not shipping dcc with a configure.in or
> configure.ac so I cannot tell what you're tests are like.

All of the only tests that matter are in the ./configure script.

I don't use a configure.ac mechanism.   I no longer ship a configure.in
that matches the dccd, dccm, or dccproc distribution or the prototype
configure.in from which I generate the per-distribution configure.in
files, because I tired of being told by FSF experts that I'm violating
FSF coding standards.  I hope to eventually convince them that I'm not
an apostate or heretic from the Church of the FSF, but a hopeless
heathen so that they'll leave me alone.

>                                                           If you
> would like to make this available to me I can make sure it does
> not detect poll() on slackware -- if you don't have access to a
> slackware box yourself.
>
> The thing about slackware is that it's the most BSD like Linux
> distribution.

Do you think the changes in clnt_send.c would not work on Linux?

I'd prefer to wait to turn on poll() for Linux until someone reports
an installation that needs it because dccm or dccifd have zillions
of concurrent jobs.