RR.COM abusers

Tue Mar 9 15:04:21 UTC 2004

> From: Stephen Misel

>    I'm curious about the rationale regarding blocking a /15 because of a
> single /32.

Who am I to argue with what RR.COM has told ARIN?
whois.arin.net said it was a /15.

>                I'm under the impression RR business IP addresses are
> extremely long-lived TTL dhcp, if not static.  You might be doing a
> disservice to many thousands of potential users by cutting out such a
> large CIDR.

480K packets/day is not a small thing.  You're saying that those users
have chosen an ISP that refuses to hear reports of abuse even from
people who spend their own money to call long distance phone numbers
or handle SWIPEs correctly.  Another view is that they have chosen to
be on the abuse-friendly side of the Internet and should be made to
disappear from our side completely instead of a /15 at at time.