localhost in server whitelist?

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 16:11:25 UTC 2004

Hi there

Am I right in thinking that 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted by some public servers:

X-DCC-sonic.net-Metrics: spartasys1.scl.co.uk 1117; IP=ok ...

but *not* by others, including at least:

X-DCC-dcc.uncw.edu-Metrics
X-DCC-meer-Metrics
X-DCC--Metrics
X-DCC-Misty-Metrics
X-DCC-sgs_public_dcc_server-Metrics
X-DCC-SINECTIS-Metrics
X-DCC-WEiAPG-Metrics

And how will this work when you have *not* got 127.0.0.1 locally whitelisted
to the same value - I am using "ok2 ip localhost" locally and don't want this
overridden by the server's count.

Is there a way to ignore these IP=ok counts from those servers that do this?
Maybe:

dccm -g not-IP

would do it but I've hesitated to do this because I don't understand this
paragraph from the man page:

     -g [not-]type
          indicates that white-listed or OK or OK2 "counts" from the DCC serv­
          er for a type of checksum are to be believed.

What does it mean by "white-listed or OK or OK2"?  Surely whitelisted IS "OK
or OK2"?

TIA

John Sutton
SCL Internet