documentation confusing?

Fri Feb 27 23:37:12 UTC 2004

> From: Chip Paswater

> I have a spamtrap that gets about 1400 spams per day.  I submit these all
> to Razor, and I would like to submit them to DCC as well.  I've gone
> through the dccproc and dccifd docs, but it's not very clear to me HOW I
> submit checksums to the DCC servers.. Is there an easy to follow HOWTO out
> there for DCC submissions?

Thanks, but the network of DCC servers is now receiving more than
40,000,000 checksums of trapped spam.  It does not need more.  Most
spam seen by traps is better rejected from real mailboxes by greylisting
or domain or IP address blacklists.  More interesting are the spam
checksums for which the DCC was designed.  That sort of spammer tries
hard to avoid traps and "listwashes" assiduously.