whitelist problems

Thu Feb 26 16:14:13 UTC 2004

> From: John Sutton

> but these messages still have the X-DCC header attached so I assume that they
> are NOT being whitelisted?

No, the presence of the X-DCC header does not indicate that your whitelist
entries were not effective.  You must look at the contents of the X-DCC
header.  Does it say "OK" or "bulk"?

It is best to check the log files to see what is happening.

> The phrase "all valid forms of the address must be listed" implies (to me)
> that the single rule above should NOT whitelist e.g. mail with env_to of
> postmaster@scl.net.  But it does ;-(  Are the comment lines above out of date
> and is there in fact some kind of "wildcarding" of 821-path addresses going
> on?

Whitelist entries are based on checksums.  "Wildcarding" does not work
with such schemes.

To see what is happening, check the log files.  It may be necessary
to turn on more logging by setting DCCM_LOG_AT=0 in /var/dcc/dcc_conf