header length 61951 instead of 46

Tue Feb 24 22:51:45 UTC 2004

> From: bje@ripco.com

> Not sure how you ended up with pacbell, seems to belong to opus.com...

The reverse DNS for some of those addresses points to opus.com.  Some
time ago I had reached the current owner the domain name and past
president of Opus Systems, Craig Forney.   He said that those addresses
been unrelated to his activities for years.

`whois -h whois.arin.net 206.171.8.0`
points to PacBell and "The ITV Corporation."  The ARIN record for
NET-206-171-8-0-1 pointing to itvcorp.com dates from 1996.  I suspect
ITV has less current reality than Opus Systems or Opus Innovations
LLC As far as I can tell, PacBell (SBC) has been sloppy (a redundancy)
in handling the reverse DNS names for that block.

Thanks to hints I received today, I contacted Barracuda.  They said
something about in the process of leasing 206.171.8.0/24.  They are
also said the right things concerning the real problem.  We'll see.

thanks,