dccm -j

Wed Feb 18 19:28:34 UTC 2004

> From: Valentin Chopov

> I tried something and it works for me.
> Here dccm is running on 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD
> I forced in include/dcc_config.h "#define USE_POLL 1"
> and now "dccm -d -j 500" gives me:
> max_work=500 max_max_work=5752
> BTW, I had to add  #include <poll.h> to dcc_clnt.h .
> Maybe it will be a good idea to add "--with-poll"  as an option
> to the configure script?

That sounds like a bug in the ./configure script.
I guess the configure script should see if is on FreeBSD and if
the poll() system is available and turn on USE_POLL.

Does anyone know of reasons not to do that?  Is there a reason to take
the middle ground of compiling the poll() code for FreeBSD but use
poll() only if `dccm -j` is set larger than FD_SETSIZE?

thanks,