dccm -j

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Wed Feb 18 16:39:36 UTC 2004

Vernon,

I tried something and it works for me.
Here dccm is running on 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD
I forced in include/dcc_config.h "#define USE_POLL 1"
and now "dccm -d -j 500" gives me:
max_work=500 max_max_work=5752
BTW, I had to add  #include <poll.h> to dcc_clnt.h .
Maybe it will be a good idea to add "--with-poll"  as an option
to the configure script?

Thanks,

Val

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > Does  "dccm -j" work for higher then   max_work numbers?
>
> No, a check of the source says max_max_work is the hard upper bound
> computed from
> getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE) (if available)
> and FD_SETSIZE (if poll() is not available instead of select())

==
Valentin S. Chopov, CC[ND]P
Sys/Net Admin
SEI Data Inc.