amavis, spamassassin, dccm integration

Alex S Moore asmoore@edge.net
Fri Feb 13 12:55:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:00:27 +0100
"Stephan Hendl" <Stephan.Hendl@lds.brandenburg.de> wrote:

> hi,
>
> we use a sendmail gateway with sendmail, amavis-new and
> spamassassin-2.63. Now I want to include dcc in the spamassassin. In the
> default configuration the dccproc process is startet by the amavisd once
> for every mail. Since in the FAQ is written that the usage of dccm is
> better than dccproc I tried to find an howto of doing this but
> unfotunately I wasn't lucky ;-(((.

dccm runs as a sendmail milter and does not run from spamassassin (SA).  I
suggest dccifd and this runs easily from SA.  I am not familiar with
amavisd, but if it lets you run a SA local.cf type of file in the site
configuration directory like /etc/mail/spamassassin or /etc/spamassassin,
then do the following.

Enable dccifd in dcc_conf and setup and start the startup script rcDCC in
your environment.  Add the following to your local.cf file and restart
spamd if you are using that or maybe that should be amavisd for your
installation.  These entries cannot be in a user preferences file.
dcc_path and dcc_home are directories.  dcc_dccifd_path is the pathname for
the socket.

Example:
use_dcc			1
dcc_path		/var/dcc/
dcc_home		/var/dcc/
dcc_dccifd_path		/var/dcc/dccifd

and some optional values:
# dcc_body_max
# dcc_fuz1_max
# dcc_fuz2_max
dcc_add_header		0 (turns off the X-DCC header as the SA X-Spam-Status
header includes DCC-CHECK)

Alex