Newbie suffering...

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 19:11:18 UTC 2004

Hi there

I'm experimenting with dccm v1.2.30 and having some problems.

I'm starting it with start-dccm and relevant bits of dcc_conf are:

DCCM_ENABLE=on
DCCM_ARGS="-Q -aIGNORE -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d -d"
DCCM_LOGDIR=log
DCCM_WHITECLNT=whiteclnt
DCCM_LOG_AT=2
DCCM_REJECT_AT=20
DCCM_CKSUMS=
DCCM_XTRA_CKSUMS=

DCC_INFO_LOG_FACILITY=mail.debug
DCC_ERROR_LOG_FACILITY=mail.debug

Everything works fine except that no message ever gets (potentially)
rejected/discarded!  The X-DCC headers are added and include the work "bulk"
when any of the three (default) counters are >= 20, as expected.  But the log
entry for *every* logged message ends with the line:

result: accept

Looking through the code in dccm/dccm.c, I would expect to see:

result: ignore and accept

for those messages marked as "bulk", but I *never* see this ;-(  And in the
syslog, consistent with this, I get such as:

Feb 11 18:10:35 janus dccm[1345]: 1.2.30 would have rejected 0 messages for 0
targets and discarded for 0 targets among 101 total messages for 101 targets
since 02/11/04 17:57:30

(Aside: despite my generosity with the -q flags above, I get very little else
in the syslog to help me debug the problem.  Am I missing something here?)

Is this happening because all the mail is coming from one source and that
source is on the local net?  And if so, how do I stop that happening?

I don't yet entirely understand what the macros like {dcc_notspam} do or
mean, but I've assumed that providing I haven't added anything special to the
access.db map, then these macros are not involved?

Any ideas gratefully received!

TIA

John Sutton
SCL Internet