no servers available

Tue Feb 10 23:52:06 UTC 2004

> From: Will Prater <lists-wp@mercurycloud.net>

> I am having troubles trying to get 'cdcc info' to contacting any
> servers. I have checked my firewall setting and things should be OK
> there.
>
> Here are some examples that I am seeing in my logs.

> Feb  9 17:27:26 stratus dccproc[92224]: sendto(dcc5.dcc-servers.net
> (212.95.66.23,6277)): Permission denied

My guess is that your firewall is intercepting the UDP packet
to port 6277 at 212.95.66.23 and responding with a host or
network prohibited ICMP message.

What sort of UNIX system are you running?
What does `cdcc rtt` say?
Have you looked at http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/firewall.html including
the hints at the end for diagnosing firewall problems?