dccm too many simultaneous mail messages

Tue Feb 10 17:01:25 UTC 2004

> From: Valentin Chopov <valentin@valcho.net>

> >   2. increase the number of messages that dccm will allow with -j.
> >      This may or may not be possible, dependikng on operating system
> >      limitations such as on open files.
>
> Here I have a question . How can I found  the current "-j maxjobs", so I
> can adjust (increase) it. From the dccm manual page I undestand that this
> is a complex value but is there a way to find it ?

If you start dccm with -d, it will log the limit on the number of jobs.

You can use any value of -j you like that works.

The default value is a worst case estimate based on using per-user
whitelist and logs and what the kernel seems to say are limits on
open files and so forth.